A Weightloss and diet forum. WeightLossBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » WeightLossBanter forum » alt.support.diet newsgroups » Low Carbohydrate Diets
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

shelf-stable LC foods...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 29th, 2012, 08:05 AM posted to alt.support.diet.low-carb
Robert Miles[_3_]
external usenet poster

Default shelf-stable LC foods...

I've seen some plastic bags of beef jerky, rather salty but not requiring refrigeration.

Here in northern Alabama, we had a 4.5 day power outage from a tornado last year. It seems we get all our power from one group of power plants, and the tornado hit the area where the several high-voltage power lines that bring us power were spreading out from that group of power plants.

To those planning to use microwaves: I've never seen a microwave that didn't require electricity, so those of you might need to look for the gasoline-powered generators that can give your home some electricity, although probably less than usual.